Zareba® | Duralator “ Wood Post Self-Drilling Insulator
- Large self drilling. screw-in insulator for wooden posts
- Can be used with steel wire. aluminum wire. poly rope and poly wire. (Not recommended for poly tape.)
- Comes in white color porcelain look
- Can be installed with a power tool
- Installs easily & quickly - 10 seconds
- Can be used with high tensile
- As strong as steel. more durable than porcelain
All About Insulators:
Insulators prevent electrical shorts between the electrified wire and the fence posts. Good-quality insulators are critical to a properly functioning fence. Insulators are made from materials that do not conduct electricity. most commonly plastic or ceramic.
Plastic insulators are molded from polyethylene. poly carbonate. or nylon and are designed to hold electrified wire near a variety of posts without losing energy through the post.
There are several styles to choose from because the insulator must match both the type of wire and the type of fence post being used. Plastic insulators include round post insulators. T-post insulators. wood post insulators. corner post insulators. end post insulators. and chain link fence insulators.
Make sure the plastic insulator you choose is molded from heavy-duty. high-density polyethylene (or harder plastic) with UV inhibitors. This prevents arcing and provides long life with all-weather performance. protecting it from the weather. Most insulators are available in yellow. black and white.
Like plastic insulators. porcelain insulators are designed to hold electrified wire near fence posts without losing energy through the post.
When good porcelain insulators are properly installed they should be able to last the life of your fence.
Porcelain insulators are a very good choice for using with your high tensile fence system.
There are specialized insulators that are used for specific purposes. These can be summarized as follows:
• The tube clamp insulator attaches to standard tube-type stock to corral panels.
• Corner post insulators are designed to withstand fence line tension generated by the fence line pulling from the
anchor point or changing directions.
• Corner insulators should also be used at fence line termination points.
• Corner post insulators are available in plastic and ceramic and accommodate steel wire. poly wire. poly tape
and poly rope.
• Other insulators allow you to fasten electrified wire or poly products to posts and fences without losing energy
through the post or fence.
• There are many specialty insulators to choose from:
• Chain Link
• Square Post