Gallagher | Smart Fence 2
The Gallagher Smart Fence 2 is best suited for temporary or remote containment of animals trained to electric fence. Great for horses and cattle and as well as smaller animals (sheep, goats, calves, etc.).
Also known as the SmartFence, Smart Fence 2, and the Smartfence 2, it is the ultimate Gallagher portable electric fence system. The Smart Fence 2 is the upgraded version of the original smartfence, built to be lighter, simpler, and quicker to set up all while still holding true to the original design.
Ideal Uses: If you need a quick option for setting up a simple yet effective electric fence barrier, the Smart Fence is your new best friend. As you can see below, we handed a Smart Fence system to some of our wonderful office employees who had never set one up before and set them loose. Each of them easily managed to set up the fence within 5 mins.
Remote or temporary containment is now easier than any of your other work. A quick setup near your trailer can be easier than hitching or unhitching to your truck.
Happy customers have used the Smart Fence for:
- Patching damaged fencing
- Containment in remote grazing areas
- Break-feed fencing to maximize pasture utilization
- Temporary paddock segments within larger permanent fencing
- Fencing off bales, trees, or silage stacks
Energizer Option: Need an energizer for your smart fence system? Select one of our recommended portable fencing chargers in the drop-down above or choose from any of our other Gallagher fence chargers.
How To Set Up Your Smart FenceSee more demos & take-down instructions below
- Gallagher's smart fence is a progressive, new portable fencing and corral system
- All you need is to hook it up to your charger/energizer
- Very simple to use, install and take down
- 4-line system (using poly wire lines) reaching 328 feet in length and 36.5 inches high
- Simple storage and transport by combining posts, reels and lines in a simple, convenient system
- Works for both flat land and rolling hills
- Perfect for:
- Organizing a temporary corral or pasture within a larger, already fenced off, area
- Divide existing pastures or corrals for more efficient or rotaional grazing
- Allowing animals to graze in areas not currently fenced in
- Allows for safer roadside grazing (when compared to other options such as single wire)
- Quickly and easily patch damaged fence areas temporarily
- Fence in bale stacks
- The SmartFence is recommended for use with animals already trained to electric fencing (or trained to the Smart Fence or SmartFence 2)
Use the Smart Fence with any Gallagher charger/energizer (110 volt, battery or solar) and a 3ft Ground Rod ( both sold separately)
- 330' / 35.4" /
Manuals & Other Information
Product #: G70000
The Gallagher Fence 5 Min Setup
The Gallagher Fence Quick Take-DownPeople Found This Product Searching For: Gallagher Smart Fence, Portable fence, smart fence, smartfence, temporary fence, temp fence.
- Brand: Gallagher
- Type: Kits
- Product #: G70000
- Warranty: 1
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
is the top line of the fence the only line that has currant?
All four strands of the Smart Fence 2 will be electrified.
Can the fence be used with any brand of energizer or does it have to be Gallagher?
Any brand of energizer can be used with the Gallagher Smart Fence.
How far apart are the step in posts? Can you connect more than 1 unit together or do they just stand next to each other?
There are 10 posts, spacing is dependent on your fence needs. You can use multiple smart fence systems to lengthen the fence. You will connect using jumer leads.
Can you adjust the gaps between the wires so there’s not such a big gap from top to 2nd wire?
No, the spacing between wires is not adjustable.
Can you connect more than one system together on the same energizer? Or does each setup need its own energizer
Yes, you can energizer another section of fence as long as the wires are all connected.